Friday, May 5, 2017

Preparing Samples for High-speed stress testing

For the last few days at ASU I have been preparing nylon samples which will be used for testing on the High-speed stress machine. To properly prepare the samples I have had to pull the nylon, yarn by yarn, until the sample was the proper width and length and could fit in the grips of the machine.  I believe I prepared 20 or so samples for next week's tests. Yes this process is as tedious and as mentally challenging as it sounds, however I am beginning to understand that this feeling is a large part of what I considered "science."

Hopefully we can start testing these samples next week and watch our hard work get ripped to shreds..

Here are a couple pictures of samples I prepared.



Thanks for reading

Nick Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment