Thursday, February 9, 2017

Learning about several introductory concepts regarding the mechanics of materials, stress-strain responses, dynamic and static testing, and failure analysis

Over the past few days I have been studying several introductory concepts in preparation for my internship at ASU with Dr. Mobasher.

Dr. Mobasher provided me with two textbooks and links which will give insight on some of the fundamental characteristics and physical properties of materials as well as different means to analyse them.

I have been watching Youtube videos by Dr. Yiheng Wang, a professor at Lone Star College in Texas, about Engineering Mechanic, specifically statics. The link the channel can be found below.

The two textbooks provided by Dr. Mobasher are tilted Mechanics of Materials Sixth Edition by James M. Gere, and Engineering Mechanics, Statics, Fourth Edition by Anthony Bedford and Wallace Fowler.

My next post will be about things I find interesting during my readings, as well as thoughts and more details about my internship.

Thanks for reading,

-Nick Thompson

Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLbvVfERDon1pceRKOjAxiqFTEvghmZKh


No comments:

Post a Comment